Organisasi Amatir Radio Indonesia (ORARI) is a national organization representing the amateur service in Indonesia which is founded on July 9, 1968. Indonesian Amateur Radio licenses are issued by the Dinas Perhubungan (The office of Communication Service, a provincial agency with its headquarters in Jakarta but operates under the office of the Governor of each province). However, applications and processing of licenses are the responsibility of the IARU Member Society, Organisasi Amatir Radio Indonesia (ORARI).
ORARI is divided into 3 levels: ORARI Pusat (national), ORARI Daerah (provincial), and ORARI Lokal (district). ORARI Pusat is the central operations in Jakarta. The regional offices exist in all provincial capitals (ORARI Daerah), and there are local offices (ORARI Lokal) in Jakarta and in Kotamadya (incorporated cities) and Kotip (Kota Administratip -- administrative cities) across the country.
It should be noted that there is no provision for portable (as a fixed station) operation in Indonesia. If an amateur moves the location of their fixed station, they must apply for a new license. Foreign operators cannot operate with his home callsign "portable" in Indonesia.
The Indonesian archipelago is divided into 10 call areas:
0. Capital District of Jakarta
1. West Java Province
2. Central Java Province and Yogyakarta Special District
3. East Java Province
4. Lampung, Bengkulu, Jambi and South Sumatra Provinces
5. Riau and West Sumatra Provinces
6. North Sumatra Province and Aceh Special District
7. West, Central, South and East Kalimantan Provinces
8. South, Southeast, Central and North Sulawesi, and Maluku Provinces
9. Bali, West and East Nusa Tenggara, Timor, and Irian Jaya Provinces
The frequencies available for operation are consistent with the practices in IARU Region III.
The office of ORARI Daerah Bali is the provincial office that provides services to the amateur radio community in the province of Bali. The office is run by 100% volunteers, so please keep this fact in mind when you ask the staff for help. Any contributions, in the form of donations or effort, are highly appreciated. However, we pride ourselves in with the fact that we will fulfill our obligations professionally. We do not ask for any special favor in return. While we strive forward to meet your licensing needs, our activity is not limited to regulatory functions only. We are actively involved with the local community through our local nets. Our provincial net meets regularly every morning at 6 am, at 145,550 kHz (FM). We also participate regularly in the national CW net, every evening at 7 pm, at 7,025 kHz (CW), and also in the national voice net, every evening at 7 pm, at 7,055 kHz (LSB).
The district (city-wide) VHF FM nets within the province of Bali are also conducted regularly in the evening (7 pm to 9 pm). They are as follows:
- Badung, YC9ZAA: 145,050 kHz
- Jembrana, YC9ZAC: 145,070 kHz
- Denpasar, YC9ZAI: 145,150 kHz
- Singaraja, YC9ZAD: 145,170 kHz
- Karangasem, YC9ZAH: 145,250 kHz
- Bangli, YC9ZAG: 145,270 kHz
- Gianyar, YC9ZAE: 145,350 kHz (morning only, from 6 am to 8 am)
- Klungkung, YC9ZAF: 145,650 kHz
- Tabanan, YC9ZAB: 145,750 kHz
Every 5 years, we conduct a meeting attended by the officers from the district level to elect the
officers of the ORARI Daerah Bali. The current officers and board members are as follows:
Members of Advisory and Supervisory Board
Periode 2012 - 2017
- Ketua: I Made Sudiarta, SE, YB9FN
- Wakil Ketua: I Kadek Kariana, SP, YB9BU
- Sekertaris/Anggota: I Wayan Pande Sudirta, SH, YB9BOB
- Anggota: I Wayan Sumandi, YB9DON
- Anggota: I Wayan Rambler, Akp. Ch, YB9BEN
- Anggota: Tjokorda Sutedja, SH, YB9BZ
- Anggota: Ida Bagus Gede Banuwangsa, YC9BTW
Board of Officers
Periode 2012 - 2017
- Ketua: Ida Bagus Gde Arnawa, SE, YC9FAO
- Wakil Ketua: A. Muh. Said Chalik, SE. MM, YB9BD
- Ketua Bid Organisasi: Rony Kimuliadi Hostiadi, YB9EA
- Ketua Bid Operasi dan Teknik: Didik Gabriel, SA, YB9BBL
- Sekertaris: I Gusti Made Gede, YB9BV
- Wakil Sekertaris: I Kadek Pranajaya , ST. IAI, YC9BN
- Bendahara: I Gusti Made Oka, YC9BRI
- Wakil Bendahara: I Wayan Wiskarmana, YC9ELE
If you have any questions, please feel free to stop by our office or call us (at the numbers listed above)
or you can also contact us via email at info (followed by the symbol 'at') orari-bali ('dot' or 'period') org.